Fitness in the City
The Fitness in the City Program was thrilled to receieve the American Hospital Association's NOVA Award. Click here for details.
Since 2005, Boston Children’s Hospital’s Fitness in the City (FIC), which is supported by Kohl’s Cares, has partnered with 11 community health centers in Boston. Through case management, FIC connects overweight children and families to culturally appropriate and affordable nutrition and physical activity interventions.
FIC has demonstrated success in helping overweight and obese children reduce or maintain their Body Mass Index and make the behavioral changes needed to maintain a healthier weight.
FIC Participating Health Centers
- Martha Eliot Health Center, Jamaica Plain
- Bowdoin Street Health Center, Dorchester
- Brookside Community Health Center, Jamaica Plain
- The Dimock Center, Roxbury
- Joseph M. Smith Community Health Center, Allston
- Roxbury Comprehensive Community Health Center
- South Cove Community Health Center, Chinatown
- South End Community Health Center
- Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center
- Upham’s Corner Health Center, Dorchester
- Whittier Street Health Center, Roxbury
Healthy Family Fun promotes fun, low-cost, family-oriented activities and neighborhood resources that make it easier for families to get active and stay healthy! The campaign is a project of Boston Children’s Hospital, supported by Kohl’s Cares.
Find us on facebook (facebook.com/healthyfamilyfun) or check out our website (healthyfamilyfun.org) to learn more about events and activities in your neighborhood, tips for staying active and fun recipes to make with your children.