Research & Innovation
At Boston Children's Hospital's Pediatric Environmental Health Center, our staff are doing research to answer important questions about lead poisoning, including:
- How does lead affect children of different ages?
- What is the best way to treat children with lead poisoning? When should medications that bind metals be used?
- For adolescents that work: what type of toxic exposures do they have and how can overexposures be prevented?
- What do other health professionals, such as pediatric primary care providers, need to know about pediatric environmental health?
- What are the best ways to promote education about pediatric environmental health issues?