Research & Innovation
Children’s Hospital Boston is the world’s largest research program at a pediatric institution, and we’re known for pioneering new approaches. A large part of our success comes from our commitment to research—and to advancing the frontiers of what’s possible through our discoveries.
- the influence of musical training on language and reading development
- the development and evaluation of intervention programs for language and reading impairments
- the neural correlates of reading and reading development (e.g., does learning to read change your brain?)
- the relationship between auditory processing disorders and reading impairments
- the neural correlates of auditory and language processing in developmental and specific language impairments
the development of auditory and music processing and its relation to language development in typical readers
Learning Disabilities Program guide for parents
Children’s Learning Disabilities Program has created a comprehensive guide for parents who want to know more about our services, including information about the evaluation itself, insurance coverage and other helpful financial information.