Nervous system disorders
What causes nervous system disorders?
The nervous system is vulnerable to various disorders and can be damaged by the following:
- Structural defects
- Blood flow disruption
What are the symptoms of a nervous system disorders?
The following are the most common symptoms of nervous system disorders. However, each child may experience symptoms differently and different disorders will cause different symptoms to occur. Symptoms may include:
- Delays in developmental milestones
- Increase or lack of growth in head size
- Changes in activity, reflexes, or movements
- Lack of coordination
- Changes in level of consciousness or mood
- Muscle rigidity, tremors, or seizures
- Older children may also report persistent or severe headaches, loss of feeling or tingling, or visual changes
The symptoms of a nervous system disorder may resemble other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your child's physician for a diagnosis.