Transverse vaginal septum
What are the symptoms of transverse vaginal septum?
Common symptoms include:
- the absence of a menstrual cycle, called amenorrhea
- periods that last beyond the normal four to seven day cycle
- abdominal pain from blood collecting in the upper vagina.
What causes transverse vaginal septum?
- A transverse vaginal septum forms during embryological development when the tubes that eventually become a vagina don't fuse together properly.
- The cause of this genetic abnormality is unknown
How will transverse vaginal septum affect my daughter's sex life and fertility?
- After a transverse vaginal septum is successfully removed, your daughter should have a normal sexual and reproductive life.
- If a transverse vaginal septum isn't removed, it will create infertility or provide a form of natural contraception.