How is Duane syndrome diagnosed?
A pediatric eye specialist can diagnose Duane syndrome by:
- obtaining a complete medical and family history
- conducting a full medical exam and vision exam
- measuring the degree of misalignment in the eyes
- testing the range of movement of both eyes
- determining whether an abnormal head turn is used in an attempt to see better
In addition, the doctor may recommend referral to a primary care doctor or specialist to check for possible disorders associated with Duane syndrome by examining these areas:
- palate (the roof of the mouth)
|Spotlight on: E-ADVISOR|
Check out E-ADVISOR, a special resource designed for the parents of visually impaired children.