Cellulitis is a deep bacterial infection of the skin that usually occurs after some type of trauma causes an opening in your child's skin.
- The infection typically involves your child's face or the arms and legs.
- Cellulitis is usually caused by a bacterial infection.
- Human or animal bites or injuries that occur in water can also cause infection.
- Immediate treatment can help prevent the spread of cellulitis.
- Some cases of cellulitis are considered an emergency. Your child's physician may treat your child in the hospital depending on the severity of his condition.