Renal MAG3 Scan
A renal MAG3 scan is a nuclear medicine test that allows doctors to see your child’s kidneys and learn more about how they are functioning.
How Children’s Hospital Boston approaches renal MAG3 scans
The Division of Nuclear Medicine at Children’s is committed to providing your family with a safe, comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere with:
- specialized nuclear medicine physicians with expertise in interpreting renal MAG3 scans in children of all ages
- certified nuclear medicine technologists with years of experience imaging children and teens
- Child Life specialists to help families prior to and during exams
- equipment adapted for pediatric use, which means age-appropriate care for children
- protocols that keep radiation exposure as low as reasonably achievablewhile assuring high image quality.