Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
Your child's care team
Children receiving stem cell transplants through Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center are treated by a comprehensive team of cancer and transplant specialists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Boston Children's Hospital.
The team caring for a child undergoing stem cell transplantation consists of:
- Senior attending physicians with specialized post-fellowship training in stem cell transplantation
- Pediatric hematology/oncology fellows
- Children's second year pediatric residents
- Nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Psychologists and social workers
During daily rounds on the stem cell transplantation unit, each patient's status is carefully reviewed. The patient's status is used to determine a care plan, which is then discussed with the patient and family.
Post-transplant care is provided at Dana-Farber's Jimmy Fund Clinic, where we have several private rooms with laminar air flow, providing an environment as protective as that of our stem cell transplantation unit. Outpatient care is provided by a team consisting of nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, oncology fellows, psychosocial workers and an attending stem cell transplant physician.