Pedro del Nido, MD
|Hospital Title||Chief of Cardiac Surgery|
|Academic Title||Professor of Surgery|
|Pedro del Nido|
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston MA 02115
Pedro del Nido's basic research is directed at understanding the metabolic and structural changes due to left ventricular hypertrophy. His clinical goal is to apply minimally invasive robotic surgery and other cutting-edge techniques to enhance cardiac surgery.
About Pedro del Nido
Dr. del Nido received his MD degree from the University of Wisconsin Medical School. He completed his training at Boston University Medical Center, Toronto General Hospital, and the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
- Yang C, Tang D, Geva T, Rathod R, Yamauchi H, Gooty V, Tang A, Gaudette G, Billiar KL, Kural MH, Del Nido PJ. Using contracting band to improve right ventricle ejection fraction for patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot, a modeling study using patient-specific CMR-based 2-layer anisotropic models of human right and left ventricles. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012 Apr 7.
- Del Nido PJ, Baird C. Congenital mitral valve stenosis: anatomic variants and surgical reconstruction. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu. 2012;15(1):69-74.
- Baird CW, Myers PO, Del Nido PJ. Aortic valve reconstruction in the young infants and children. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu. 2012;15(1):9-19.
- Perrin DP, Vasilyev NV, Marx GR, Del Nido PJ. Temporal Enhancement of 3D Echocardiography by Frame Reordering. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012 Mar;5(3):300-4.
- Vasilyev NV, Dupont PE, del Nido PJ. Robotics and imaging in congenital heart surgery. Future Cardiol. 2012 Mar;8(2):285-96.
- Hammer PE, Chen PC, Del Nido PJ, Howe RD. Computational model of aortic valve surgical repair using grafted pericardium. J Biomech. 2012 Apr 30;45(7):1199-204.
- Yamauchi H, Vasilyev NV, Marx GR, Loyola H, Padala M, Yoganathan AP, Del Nido PJ. Right ventricular papillary muscle approximation as a novel technique of valve repair for functional tricuspid regurgitation in an ex vivo porcine model. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012 Feb 15.
- Vasilyev NV, Kawata M, DiBiasio CM, Durand KV, Hopkins J, Traina ZJ, Slocum AH, del Nido PJ. A novel cardioport for beating-heart, image-guided intracardiac surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011 Dec;142(6):1545-51.