Your hospital experience
At Boston Children's Hospital, the staff of the Urology Department believes every child is entitled to family-centered care delivered by a collaborative team of experts.
We know that the family is the most important source of emotional support and comfort for children, so we consider family members a vital component of each child's health care team. We encourage you to call anytime to speak with your child's nurse or doctor at 617-355-7796.
"My child was just diagnosed with a urologic condition and I have no idea where to begin or what to expect."
We understand that this is new for many parents. At Boston Children's Hospital, we'll answer your questions and guide you through step by step:
Make an appointment
If your child has been diagnosed with a urologic condition, the first step is to schedule an appointment with us by calling 617-355-7796, if you don't already have one. Or, you can contact your child's primary care physician or pediatrician for a referral to us.
When you call, our menu driven phone directory will connect you to the right person. It will also allow you to refill a prescription, leave a message for a nurse if you have a question, or speak with someone if you have an immediate concern.
Get more information
Next, you may want to find out more about your child's condition, possible treatments, services at Children's, our urology team and our support services.
- About urologic conditions - Children's has information on numerous diagnoses as well as illustrated explanations about how the body works, and much more.
- About why you should choose us - Our Urology Department has been treating children with urologic problems for more than 25 years, and has successfully cared for some of the most complex cases. Our doctors and other clinicians are considered to be among the best in the world and are as passionate about caring as they are about their medical specialties.
- About our support services - A child's illness affects the entire family. In addition to our medical services, Children's offers many family support services to help you and your family.
- Get answers to your questions- We are always here to answer all of your questions. Read our frequently asked questions to find out what other patients have wanted to know, or call us at 617-355-7796.
- Learn more about tests & procedures your child may have.