Lactation Support Program
Who we are
Boston Children's Hospital recognizes that breastfeeding is important to families and the health of their children. The Lactation Specialist works as part of the child's health care team to promote and support breastfeeding.
The Lactation Support Program:
- gives breastfeeding support and education to mothers
- works with mothers to prevent and manage breastfeeding problem
- supports breastfeeding infants with special health care needs, such as congenital heart disease and prematurity
- helps mothers maintain milk supply when separated from their babies
- teaches mothers how to use breast pumps
- assists mothers in finding breast pumps and equipment
- teaches educational programs for health care providers
- supports employees who return to work after maternity leave and wish to continue to breastfeed their baby through the Employee Lactation Support Program.
The Breast Pump Rental Program offers:
- short and long term rentals of Hollister Ameda Elite Breast pumps
- retail sales of breastfeeding supplies and equipment (Hollister Ameda Inc. and Medela, Inc.).
The Lactation Support Program is located in the Center for Families. It is on the ground floor of the Farley building, across the hall from the Cashier's window.