Pediatric Advanced Care Team
Fellowships for Physicians
Pediatric Palliative Medicine Fellowship
We offer a single year pediatric palliative care clinical training program for those who have completed a general pediatrics residency. The fellowship is focused on advancing pediatric pain management, palliative care and quality of life concerns. Information for the academic year fellowship is as follows:
- Board-eligible or board certified in pediatrics or one of its sub-specialties
- Commitment to a career in pediatric palliative medicine
- The trainee will become familiar with comprehensive, interdisciplinary evaluation and management of children with diverse advanced illnesses and their families, and will be responsible for the care of inpatients and outpatients in varied settings, including an academic teaching hospital, hospice/home care and chronic care.
- The trainee will be trained as a clinician-educator through supervised experiences in the teaching of pediatric palliative care.
- The fellow also may join in ongoing research projects, and arrangements may be made for one to two years of more intensive research experience.
Inquires should be addressed to:
Joanne Wolfe, MD, MPH
Director, Pediatric Palliative Care Fellowship Program
Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center
450 Brookline Ave, D1103
Boston, MA 02115