Behavioral Medicine Clinic
Learn more about psychiatry research at Children's.
- Baker A, Baptista-Neto L, Newburger JW, DeMaso DR. Psychosocial Concerns in Children with Kawasaki Disease. Progress in Pediatric Cardiology 2004;19:189-194.
- Baptista-Neto L, Managing agitation in the medical setting. V Chiang, L Zaoutis (eds.) Comprehensive Pediatric Hospital Medicine. Elsevier Health Sciences Company, in press.
- Beasley P, Beardslee W. Depression in the Adolescent Patient. Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Review 1998;9:351-362.
- Beasley PJ, DeMaso DR. Conversion and pain disorders. In LB Zaoutis, VW Chang, eds. Comprehensive Pediatric Hospital Medicine, in press.
- Claar RL, Walker LS, Barnard JA. Children's knowledge, anticipatory anxiety, procedural distress, and recall of esophagastroduodenoscopy. J Pediatric Gastroenterology Nutrition 2002:34;68-72.
- Claar RL, Walker LS, Smith CA. The influence of appraisal in understanding children's experiences with medical procedures. J Pediatric Psychology 2002:7; 553-563.
- DeMaso DR, Beardslee WR, et al. Psychological functioning in children with cyanotic heart defects. J Dev Behav Pediatr 1990;11:289-294.
- DeMaso DR, Campis LK, Wypij D, Bertram S, Lipshitz M, Freed M. The impact of maternal perceptions and medical severity on the adjustment of children with congenital heart disease. J Pediatr Psychol 1991;16:137-149.
- DeMaso DR, Twente AW, Spratt EG, O'Brien P. The impact of psychological functioning, medical severity, and family functioning in pediatric heart transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant 1995;14:1102-1108.
- DeMaso DR, Meyer EC. A psychiatric consultant's survival guide to the pediatric intensive care unit. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1996;34:1411-1413.
- DeMaso DR, Gonzalez-Heydrich J, Dahlmeier Erickson J, Pagan Grimes V, Strohecker C. The Experience Journal: A computer-based intervention for families facing congenital heart disease. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2000;39:727-734.
- DeMaso DR, Spratt EG, Vaughan BL, D'Angelo EJ, Van der Feen JR, Walsh E. Psychological functioning in children and adolescents undergoing radiofrequency catheter ablation. Psychosomatics 2000;41:134-139.
- DeMaso DR, Kelley SD, Bastardi H, O'Brien P, Blume ED. The Longitudinal Impact of Psychological Functioning, Medical Severity, and Family Functioning in Pediatric Heart Transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant 2004; 23:473-480.
- DeMaso DR, Lauretti A, Spieth L, Van der Feen JR, Jay KS, Gauvreau K, Walsh EP, Berul CI Psychosocial Factors and Quality of Life in Children and Adolescents with Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators. Am J Cardiology Am J Cardiology 2004; 93:582-587.
- DeMaso DR. Pediatric Heart Disease. In RT Brown, ed., Handbook of Pediatric Psychology in School Settings. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc., 2004. p. 283-297.
- DeMaso DR, Beasley PJ. The somatoform disorders. In WM Klykylo, JL Kay, DM Rube, eds. Clinical Child Psychiatry. Indianapolis: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., in press.
- Fife A, Beasley PJ, et al., Psychoneuroimmunology and cancer: historical perspectives and current research. Advances in Neuroimmunology 6:179-190.
- Logan DE & Simms S. Relational approaches to crisis and conflicts in pediatric medical settings. Families, Systems, & Health 2002; 20:61-73.
- Logan DE, Radcliffe JR, Smith-Whitley K. The influence of parenting factors on health service use among adolescents with Sickle Cell Disease. J Ped Psychol 2002;27:475-484.
- Logan D, Zelikovsky N, Labay L & Spergel J. The Illness Management Survey: Identifying adolescents perceptions of barriers to adherence. J Ped Psychol 2003;28:383-392.
- Logan, DE & Rose, JB. Gender differences in post-operative pain and patient controlled analgesia use among adolescent surgical patients. Pain 2004;109:481-487.
- Logan, DE & Rose, JB. Is postoperative pain a self-fulfilling prophecy? Expectancy effects on postoperative pain and PCA use among adolescent surgical patients. J Ped Psychol, in press.
- Logan, DE & Scharff, L. Relationships between family and parent characteristics and functional abilities in children with recurrent pain syndromes: An investigation of moderating effects on the pathway from pain to disability. J Ped Psychol, in press.
- Szigethy EM, Whitton SE, Levy-Warren A, DeMaso DR, Weisz J, Beardslee WR. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression in Adolescents with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2004; 43:1469-1477.