Primary Care Center (CHPCC)
Children's Hospital Primary Care Center (CHPCC) provides primary care services to infants, children and young adults from Boston-area communities and elsewhere, with a focus on the whole health of each child.
Our staff includes more than 40 doctors, nurses and nurse practicioners.
Services for our patients and families include:
- Immunizations, wellness check-ups and preventive care
- Medical treatment when a child is ill
- Medical consultations
- Psychosocial services and support
Programs to address the unique needs of special pediatrics populations:
- Advocating Success for Kids (ASK), which works with CHPCC patients under the age of 14 who are having learning, developmental, emotional or behavioral problems in school or at home.
- Asthma Action Team, providing education and support for our patients with asthma and their families.
- One Step Ahead, an obesity prevention and management program that teaches patients and families how to develop healthy lifestyle habits.
- Rainbow Program, serving families of children with complex health concerns and special needs and acting as a bridge between the family, the child's providers at CHPCC, and other resources the child may need both within and outside Children's.
- Young Parents Program, which provides quality medical care and health education to teen parents and their children in low-income and at-risk environments.
Our staff includes experienced pediatricians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, psychologists, a child life specialist and clinical assistants. Many of us are parents, too.
Mission and goals
The mission of Children's Hospital Primary Care Center (CHPCC) at Boston Children's Hospital is to provide a broad-based, child- and family-focused, primary care medical home for all children.
Our goals include:
- providing culturally competent care while addressing racial disparities
- making sure children's physical and emotional needs and social well-being are met
- preventing and treating disease
- providing accessibility, continuity, coordination and advocacy in our programs
We also work to follow the four components of the Boston Children's Hospital's mission which includes compassionate clinical care, research, education and community health initiatives.