Primary Care Center (CHPCC)
Helpful resources for families
Children's Hospital Primary Care Center (CHPCC), providing comprehensive primary care to infants, children, adolescents, and young parents from communities in the Boston area and beyond. CHPCC is also home to several specialty programs including:
- Advocating Success for Kids (ASK), which works with children under the age of 14 who are having learning, developmental, emotional or behavioral problems in school or at home.
- One Step Ahead, an obesity prevention and management program that teaches children and adults how to develop healthy lifestyle habits.
- Targeting Lifestyle Change Group, an eight-week after-school program of One Step Ahead, where we work on helping children feel good about themselves and their bodies, and assist the entire family in making healthy lifestyle goals and long-term changes.
- Rainbow Program, serving the families of children with complex health concerns and special needs.
- Young Parents Program, which provides quality medical care and health education to teen parents and their children in low-income and at-risk environments.
Children's Hospital Neighborhood Partnerships, helping the families of underserved children access mental health resources in Boston communities.
Children's Child Protection Program, including:
- Child Protection Clinical Services Program, an outpatient program that works with abused children and their families.
- Child Protection Team, a team of consultants available 24 hours to consult on child abuse and neglect.
- Advocacy for Women and Kids in Emergencies (AWAKE) Project, offering domestic violence services to patients, parents of patients, and employees at Children's and the Martha Eliot Health Center.