Boston Hemophilia Center
Home Infusion Program
Our Boston Hemophilia Center staff works closely with home infusion nurses who can provide care to your child in your home.
- Treatment at home is more convenient and less disruptive.
- With home infusion therapy, trips to the hospital are significantly reduced.
- Early treatment reduces pain and discomfort and helps avoid long-term joint damage.
- Early intervention reduces the amount of costly factor replacement.
- At home infusion education and personalized training allows patients and families to manage the illness as independently as possible.
In addition to giving your child greater independence, home infusion also allows children with severe or moderate hemophilia to benefit from preventive infusion of factor without frequent trips to the hospital. The hematologist or nurse practitioner will evaluate each situation to determine the best approach for your child.
For more information about the Home Infusion Program, please contact our nurse practitioner at 617-355-6101.