Voiding Improvement Program (VIP)
The Boston Children's Hospital Voiding Improvement Program (VIP) is a comprehensive service within Children's acclaimed Department of Urology.
About our approach
Our collaborative team of physicians and nurse practitioners develops customized treatment plans that are closely tailored to the needs of the individual patient.
Our approach includes non-invasive methods, such as Biofeedback training, to help children overcome various types and degrees of urinary issues.
Who to refer
We are designed to help your pediatric patients with a broad spectrum of issues, including:
- daytime incontinence
- nighttime incontinence (bedwetting)
- irritative voiding symptoms
- recurrent urinary tract infections
- difficulty with toilet training
Choose the specialist you refer to
The Voiding Improvement Program recognizes that many of our referring pediatricians have built close relationships with individual Boston Children's Hospital specialists. All of our urologists participate in VIP, and you are welcome to refer your patients to a particular provider.
Exceptional care, close to your patients' homes
VIP now sees patients at both the main Boston Children's Hospital campus in the city's Longwood Medical Area and at Boston Children's Hospital at Waltham—making care convenient and accessible for your patients and their families.
What can we offer your patients?
- Questionnaires developed specifically to identify urinary issues
- Complete physical examinations
- Acupressure (coming soon!)
- Biofeedback training
- Bowel program for constipation
- Reiki therapeutic touch and relaxation
- X-rays of the abdomen and pelvis
- Experts who listen carefully to the concerns of every patient and family