Social Work Training Program
Who we are
At Children’s Hospital Boston, we’re committed to educating the next generation of clinical social workers in the field of child health. Our equal opportunity Social Work Training Program consists of two different programs, each providing our trainees with the skills and knowledge they need to enhance the health and well-being of patients and families at Children's.
The Master of Social Work (MSW) Internship Program trains second year MSW students. Internships are offered in various settings across the hospital, including:
- Medical Specialties
- Primary Care
- Child Protection/Family Violence
Social Work Fellowship Program
Our Social Work Fellowship Program offers advanced training for clinical social workers. Applicants must have an MSW from an accredited school of social work and must obtain a Massachusetts social work license before beginning the fellowship.
- Post-graduate fellowships are offered in various areas of the hospital.
- Positions are part-time or full-time depending on the particular fellowship.
- All fellowships carry a stipend and allow vacation time.
- Most fellowships offer benefits at additional cost.
Strength in numbers
Children’s has more than 100 licensed social workers who are actively involved in all areas of the hospital.
Everyone's needs are unique
“No two families ever have the same exact needs. But in each case, it is so meaningful to help families feel even a little bit relieved of their stress.”
-- Lois Green, MSW, LICSW, medical social worker
*Unless otherwise noted, fellows receive a full-time salary and benefits package.
Conditions & Treatments
- At-risk youth
- Bulimia nervosa
- Getting to know your baby
- Head/brain injury
- Major depression
- Newborn crying
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self-induced vomiting