END Technology Program
When does training begin?
Sessions begin in June of each calendar year.
Requirements for admission include:
- high school diploma and/or GED with scores, or college transcripts
- strong math and science skills
- physical examination and immunizations
- a high degree of professionalism, good communication and problem-solving skills
- criminal background checks
Applications must be:
- submitted no later than one month prior to start of the program
- complete and accompanied by three current letters of recommendation and an official copy of high school and, if applicable, college transcripts
Incomplete applications will not be considered for enrollment.
Student training conditions
- may be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases
- may be exposed to toxic chemicals
- may handle emergency or crisis situations
- may occasionally attend required training sessions held during irregular hours
- All applications will be screened. Applicants who are considered by faculty to be possible candidates for this year's program will have the opportunity to discuss the contents of their application during a personal interview with the school faculty. This personal interview will take place approximately two months prior to the start of the program. The applicant will then be evaluated on their application, reference letters, work experience, education, communication skills and overall interview skills.
- Acceptance into the program is contingent upon passing a physical examination through the Center for Occupational Health Services and clearance of a federal criminal background check.
It is the policy of Boston Children's Hospital not to discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, age, ancestry, preference, handicaps and disabilities, marital or veteran status.