Gender Management Service (GeMS) Clinic
Parent and Family Resources
Resources for teens and youth:
- TYFA (Trans Youth Family Alliance) works to create a society free of violence and harassment where gender differences are tolerated and respected. Through advocacy and education, TYFA partners with service providers, schools and communities to eliminate harassment of transgender youths.
- Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome Support Group (AISSG) provides information on Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS) and similar conditions.
- CARES Foundation, Inc. provides education and research for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia while providing the resources and the latest information available for managing life with CAH.
- The Center for Young Women’s Health (CYWH) is a partnership between the Division of Adolescent/Young Adult Medicine and the Division of Gynecology at Children's. The CYWH is an education center that helps teenage girls and their surrounding community gain a better understanding of sexual development, and specific diseases.
- The Center for Young Men’s Health (CYMH): Produced by the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine at Children’s, the CYMH is a website that provides health information specific to the concerns of teenage boys and young men.
Resources for parents:
- DSD Guidelines: Handbook for Parents provides information for parents and their children with DSDs.
- Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advocating on behalf of gay, lesbian and transgender persons and providing support to their families, friends and the community
- Hypospadias and Epispadias Association gives parents the information and education needed to make informed decisions about their child's care