Epilepsy Genetics Program
Participate in Ohtahara Research
We are conducting a research study to find genes that cause Ohtahara syndrome.
Who can participate?
- Children with Ohtahara syndrome and their immediate family members.
- You can participate in this study regardless of where you live.
- You do not have to travel to participate in this study.
What does participation involve?
- A telephone or in-person interview with our research staff, lasting about 1 hour.
- Review of your/your child’s medical records.
- A blood sample for genetic analysis.
Is there any cost to participate?
- There is no cost to participate.
- We will reimburse any expenses related to study participation.
What are the benefits of this research study?
- If you choose, you may learn the results of your/your child’s genetic testing.
- Helping in epilepsy research, which may improve patient care in the future.
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information about Ohtahara syndrome and our research study, click here
Call at 617-355-5254
Email us at EpilepsyGenetics@Childrens.Harvard.edu