For Medical Professionals
At Children’s, we understand that the ability to coordinate the care of your patients is critically dependent upon your ability to access clinically relevant information. In support of these efforts, we have developed a portal designed just for referring primary care providers: MyPatients at Boston Children’s. MyPatients is a web-based application designed to provide you access to your patients’ information at Children’s in a convenient, easy-to-use and secure way.
Through MyPatients you can:
- Obtain up-to-date information on appointments scheduled and completed
- Review test results as soon as they are available
- Access clinic notes and discharge summaries
- Find additional information from problem lists, allergy lists and medication lists documented in the Children’s record
*Sensitive information (including certain labs and psych notes) is not viewable in MyPatients
- Patient Summary - Provides an overview of your patients’ demographics, admissions and visits, future appointments, notes, labs, studies and medications
- Admissions and Visits - View information about your patients’ most recent inpatient admissions, emergency and outpatient visits, including notes or test results
- Future Appointments - View upcoming appointments that your patients have scheduled at Children's
- Attending Physician - Contact information for your patients’ attending physician at Children’s
- Medications - Review and reconcile your patients' medication lists
- Click the Register button above
- Complete the registration form and follow the instructions provided
- You will be asked to fax the following documents to 617-730-4844 from your practice fax machine:
- A copy of your valid government-issued ID
- A signed copy of the MyPatients agreement on your practice letterhead
Once your documents are received, your registration request will be reviewed and validated by Children’s, and you will be notified by email when you have access to view your patients’ Boston Children’s Hospital records.
To use MyPatients you will need:
- Access to an Internet-enabled computer
- An email address that you check regularly
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (PC), Firefox 3.5 or higher (PC or Mac) or Safari 4.0 or higher (PC or Mac)
What information can I view using MyPatients?
Using MyPatients, you can access clinical patient data such as inpatient admissions and discharges, specialty visits, notes, medications, lab results and more.
Who can get access to MyPatients?
At this time, MyPatients is available to primary care providers with the following credentials: MD, PhD, NP, PA, DMD, DDS, OD. Access is not currently available for registered nurses, medical/clinical assistants, referral coordinators and other similar practice personnel.
Which patients’ records will I have access to?
You must have a designated relationship with the patient whose information you want to access. You will be able to view a patient’s clinical data for whom you or another provider (e.g. physician or NP) from your practice is listed as the PCP on record.
Can I update the information in my patient’s online health record?
Using MyPatients, you can access your patient’s clinical data but you cannot update or delete existing data in our system.
How secure is MyPatients?
Access to MyPatients occurs over a secure, encrypted connection that utilizes industry standard security, encryption and database technology. Access to your MyPatients account is protected through the use of user controlled account credentials.