Children's Hospital Boston Launches New Public Web Site with Fresh Content and Improved Look
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 11, 2005
For further information:
New interactive resource to help parents and caregivers provide optimal care to children
Children's Hospital Boston has redesigned its public Web site, adding new content and valuable resources that will better serve patients and caregivers seeking top-level pediatric services. With an updated look and feel, and improved navigation and functionality, the new Web site gives users easier access to health and hospital information, allowing patients and families to better understand their condition and prepare for a visit to the hospital. In addition, the new site contains more stories about patients, and spotlights featuring physicians, staff, and the latest techniques and medical technologies at Children's Hospital Boston.
Visit the expanded Children's Hospital Boston Web site at www.childrenshospital.org:
- Learn about the latest developments in patient care, research and community outreach -- by viewing the news and highlights on the home page.
- Explore stories, pictures and personal experiences from families about what it has been like to live with their children's illnesses by linking to the "Experience Journal" in our For Patients and Families section.
- Join Arthur, everyone's favorite aardvark and star of the PBS TV show and series of children's books, for "Arthur's Guide to Children's Hospital Boston." In the tour, Arthur introduces children to CHB and demonstrates in a playful, non-threatening way how children can feel better prepared for a visit to the hospital.
- Request an appointment, get directions, and find the closest parking.
- Take a tour of the hospital without leaving your computer. Using 360-degree "virtual" photography, viewers can now see various areas of the hospital before they walk through the door.
- Look up information on your child's illness or condition with the "My Child Has" search feature, which includes links from each condition to the appropriate clinical departments and programs within the hospital.
- Get the latest on new medical research and discoveries through interactive demonstrations.
- Browse the multi-media library showcasing visual and audio files of echocardiograms, heart arrhythmias, cardiac catheterization procedures and more for educational use for both parents and physicians.
Founded in 1869 as a 20-bed hospital for children, Children's Hospital Boston today is the nation's leading pediatric medical center, the largest provider of health care to Massachusetts children, and the primary pediatric teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. In addition to 347 pediatric and adolescent inpatient beds and comprehensive outpatient programs, Children's houses the world's largest research enterprise based at a pediatric medical center, where its discoveries benefit both children and adults. More than 500 scientists, including eight members of the National Academy of Sciences, nine members of the Institute of Medicine and 10 members of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute comprise Children's research community. For more information about the hospital visit: www.childrenshospital.org.