For Patients and Families
Center for Families
The Center for Families at Boston Children's Hospital is dedicated to helping families find the information and resources they need to understand their child's medical condition and take part in their care. All patients, families and professionals are welcome to benefit from the services provided by the Center.
The Center for Families offers a friendly and comfortable place for patients and families to:
- Find information on your child's condition, illness and treatment
- Learn about hospital and community resources
- Use family computers to email, word process and search the Internet
- Request family-to-family support
- Borrow from our Lending Library which has books on topics such as medical conditions, child development, parenting and sibling issues
- Consult with the Lactation Support Program for breastfeeding assistance
- Attend a workshop or seminar
- Access special programs such as Pawprints, Boston Children's Hospital therapy dog visitation program
- Set up a web page for your child while in the hospital to keep friends and relatives updated and in touch with your child and family.
From before you arrive to after you go home, The Center for Families is here to answer your questions, provide you with resources and help guide you through your time here at Boston Children's Hospital.
For any questions, call us at 617-355-6279, or e-mail us.
Generous donors are helping to support our families here at Children’s. You can be a part of this effort by making a gift online by clicking here. Your contribution of any amount will help. If you would like more information about giving opportunities, please contact Kate Renaud at Kate_Renaud@chtrust.org; 857-218-3183.
Spotlight in Children's News
In her own words Erin Ward's son, William, was born with a rare form of muscular dystrophy that has resulted in frequent - and lengthy - visits to Boston Children's Hospital throughout his life.