For Patients and Families
Therapy Dog Links
Are you interested in learning more about therapy dogs? Visit these websites or check out the books listed for more information.
- Delta Society is a well-known therapy dog registry.
- Therapy Dogs International, Inc is a well-known therapy dog registry.
- Therapy Dogs Incorporated is a well-known therapy dog registry.
- The Charles River Dog Training Club Web site lists information on CGC tests and Therapy Dog International tests (a national therapy dog registry) that are scheduled for the greater Boston area. (All canine Pawprints applicants must have a CGC certificate or registration with a therapy dog organization).
- Caring Canines Visiting Therapy Dogs, Inc. is a non-profit therapy dog visitation program that schedules visits to facilities in the towns north and northwest of Boston. These are group visits with multiple therapy dogs and their handlers in attendance. Caring Canines provided consultative services for the Pawprints Dog Visitation Program.
- Dog B.O.N.E.S. is a non-profit therapy dog corporation serving all of Massachusetts. This group's activities include matching facilities with certified therapy dog teams and offering therapy dog classes.
- Wanted! Animal Volunteers by Mary R. Burch provides an excellent overview of volunteering with your pet in a variety of settings. This book was published in 2002 and should be available at bookstores or on-line.
- Therapy Dogs Today: Their Gifts, Our Obligation by Kris Butler "explores complex professional and ethical issues that surround the environments in which therapy dogs do their jobs." This book was published in 2004 and should be available on-line.